Making a great breakfast burrito recipe is really quite simple, and a great way to start your day anytime. Breakfast burritos are easily frozen and reheated so they can be enjoyed anytime.
How To Make A Great Breakfast Burrito
How To Fold A Breakfast Burrito
- The first thing you need to do is warm up the tortilla. A warm tortilla is much more pliable than a cold one and your burrito will fold much easier using a warm tortilla.
- Place your ingredients just off the center of the burrito. There are some who say you should put your ingredients in a specific order, I think it depends are the ingredients. If you are using potatoes or rice, you should start with that because they will soak up the rest of the ingredients. I usually end with cheese so that it melts into the rest of the ingredients.
- Next, start by folding the side closest to you over the ingredients and away from you. Then pull the tortilla back over the filling so that the ingredients form into a roll. You should have the top part of the tortilla tight over the ingredients.
- Now roll the tortilla forward just slightly until you have a tight roll.
- Then fold in about an inch or so on each side to seal in the ingredients.
- Continue rolling forward until the burrito is complete. You should have a burrito with tightly wrapped ingredients that do not fall out each side.
What Goes With Breakfast Burrito
How To Freeze A Breakfast Burrito
How To Reheat A Frozen Burrito
This post originally appeared in 2014. It has been updated with new content and republished. We hope you enjoy these updates.
Delicious, fun to make and a crowd pleaser. Enjoy these great burritos as fun treat your whole family will enjoy.
- 2 large flour tortillas
- 6 large eggs
- 1 oz cooked bacon, ham or sausage
- 1/2 c pepper jack cheese, or your favorite cheese, shredded
- 2 tbsp chopped green onions, raw
- 1/4 c sauteed onions
- 1/4 c sauteed mushrooms
- 1/2 c jack cheese, shredded
- 1 tbsp guacamole
- 2 tbsp salsa
- 1 tbsp sour cream
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt and pepper
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- 1/8 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp cilantro
- 1/4 c diced tomato
Saute onions in olive oil for two minutes then add mushrooms, salt, pepper, chili powder, cumin and Cheyenne pepper and saute for about another 5 to 10 minutes. Remove from skillet and set aside.
Cook bacon, sausage or ham if needed and set aside.
Scramble the eggs and set aside.
Heat the tortillas by either wrapping them in some foil and placing them over a fire or heat source. Alternatively, you can place them in a clean dry frying pan and heat for about 30 seconds on each side. If you have an oven you can wrap in foil and place in a warm oven. Do not over heat them.
Take one tortilla and place some of the eggs in the middle.
Add meat on top of the eggs.
Add the sauteed onions and mushrooms on top of the meat.
Add some pepper jack cheese to taste.
Fold the tortilla by folding in the sides about a quarter ways to the center. Fold the side closest to you over the side folds while scooping the ingredients into the tortilla.
Repeat with remaining tortilla.
Wrap in foil and place over low heat for about 5 minutes or until reheated. Alternatively, you can heat a frying pan to medium low and add some non-stick spray. Place the burritos in the pan and brown on each side.
Unwrap and place on a plate.
Sprinkle cheddar cheese on while the tortilla is still hot.
Add salsa, guacamole, and sour cream as desired.
Sprinkle with diced tomato, green onion and cilantro before serving.
Be sure to use a heated tortilla. You can pan fry the assembled burrito or heat up the tortilla before you build it. A heated tortilla always tastes better.